Boateng's 'Messi'-merizing Deception: A Barcelona Confession About The G.O.A.T.s.

 

In a shocking revelation, Kevin-Prince Boateng has unveiled a captivating tale of deception during his brief stint at Barcelona F.C. Claiming he was 'forced' to tell a colossal lie about Lionel Messi, Boateng sheds light on an intriguing chapter of his career that left him torn between loyalty and ambition.

Boateng made this revelation during an exclusive chat on Rio Ferdinand's VIBE with FIVE podcast, branding it as 'one of the biggest lies of my life.' Growing up as a fervent supporter of Real Madrid and a professed admirer of Cristiano Ronaldo, Boateng found himself in an unexpected quandary when he arrived at Barcelona.

"I remember that when I arrived in Barcelona they immediately asked me who the best player in the world was. I had to say it was Lionel Messi, I lied. It was one of the biggest lies of my life. Normally I always tell the truth, but I lied because it was the only way to wear the Barcelona shirt. I always supported Real Madrid when I was a teenager. I love Cristiano Ronaldo. But they told me I had to say that, otherwise I wouldn't play," Boateng admitted.

 

Boateng didn't stop there. He offered a rare glimpse into Messi's leadership style within the team, saying,

He [Messi] is the captain but doesn't speak. We spoke one time in the shower because he asked if it's difficult to score in Italy because Ronaldo was there at that time, and he showed the rivalry between them. I told him that it was more difficult that Ronaldo was there, and he scored every game for three years. People forget too easily what he's done there.

Boateng, with a footballing journey that includes stops at Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth F.C., and AC Milan, joined Barcelona on loan in January 2019 from Sassuolo. Despite playing only five matches and scoring no goals, he left with a La Liga title, marking an unusual chapter in both his career and the history of Barcelona.


Joshua Afari | afarijosh99@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team Of The Weekend

AFCON 2023 Draw: Egypt Faces Ghana In Group B Showdown.